About Me

My photo
Texas
An attempt to put my jumbled thoughts into words.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's been awhile....

It's been awhile since I've written anything, I guess I've been discouraged as of late. It's something I'd love to change about myself, so I'm going to. I'm tired of giving myself pointless excuses to justify my lack of taking action. So far I've done a pretty good job of ridding myself of my lackadaisical ways. For example, I applied for a scholarship that I'm pretty sure is impossible for me to get, but why not try? I applied to go to Mexico this summer, just do to something out of the norm. I've decided to take every opportunity I get to spend time with my friends, you never know when it will be the last time. I've began to thank God for every day he gives me, especially the beautiful ones. I've also resolved to start going to church every Sunday again and frequent the gym to work on my physique. Letting go of the past is still something I'm working very hard on, I apologize to those of you who I frequently call and bore with the same issues (Carrie, Ruth, Meg, Eric, Mom..), but I'm taking baby steps.
These are by no means New Years resolutions, just things that need to be done.

2 comments:

meg fee said...

bravo, bravo--baby steps are so important!! i think you're doing great. i love you and keep it up!

A.M. Shackelford said...

You should make a list of things to do in 2009. It's much better than making typical 'resolutions'. I know we're a month in, but you can still get so much done. I have 25 things to do in 09, ranging from coming up with my own recipe to buying a lotto ticket to writing a book. Eh?